Bosch Packaging Technology and Spee-Dee are launching a new duplex packaging solution, enabling ground coffee manufacturers to achieve the highest output per square meter/foot in the industry. Ideal for fractional packs for fresh ground coffee, this cost-effective system can be experienced live on the Bosch booth 731 at the Specialty Coffee Expo, Seattle, U.S., 19 – 22 April.
If you are after high output, compact design and high Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), look no further. Check www.solutions4value.com to learn more about our system solution for ground coffee.
- Speed coupled with small footprint. The unique combination of a Spee-Dee 3600 Twin auger filler and Bosch’s SVE 1820 MR continuous bagger produces up to 300 high-quality fractional coffee bags per minute on just 36.6 square feet (3.4 square meters).
- Pack size flexibility. The new solution offers a maximum bag width of seven inches (180 millimeters) – the largest possible bag width for a duplex machine. Coffee manufacturers can now produce a wide range of bag sizes for one- to eight-ounce packs (28 – 227 grams).
- Accurate filling for product savings. The Spee-Dee auger filler offers high filling accuracy through tendency regulation with a checkweigher and thus cuts product waste.
- Switch between products effortlessly. No matter if you need to switch from decaf to regular or flavored coffee, tool-less hopper changeovers reduce downtime and minimize cross-contamination risk. It also features a patented sliding key tooling lock for effortless changeovers, while a single hopper inlet simplifies the upstream product delivery system. Customers also profit from the optional nitrogen flushing feature, which extends the product’s shelf life.
- High OEE. The open vertical form, fill and seal (VFFS) machine design makes cleaning, maintenance and monitoring easy, improving overall equipment effectiveness.
- Compatibility with various film materials. The high-quality seals work with various film materials – coffee producers can choose between two- and three-ply films without compromising on sealing quality.
Bosch’s full portfolio for coffee includes technologies from raw material weighing and dosing, protection valves to end-of-line packaging. To explore the duplex solution live and to learn more about Bosch offerings to the coffee industry, visit Bosch at booth 731 at Specialty Coffee Expo or online at www.solutions4value.com.
Alden Schiavi, North America Sales Manager
phone: +1 917 544-9821